Diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the retina, uvea and vitreous.
Diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the anterior eye segment and refractive defects correction.
Detection and treatment of glaucoma, a group of diseases that affect the optic nerve and can even lead to complete loss of vision, if not treated properly and early.
Diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases affecting the structures around the eye: orbit (or socket), eyelids and tear ducts.
Diagnosis and treatment of childhood diseases, ocular motility disorders and central nervous system disorders with ophthalmologic effect.
Surgical and non-surgical study and treatment of aesthetic problems and signs of ageing that affect the middle and upper face.
From the molecular biology lab, the Genetics Department offers:
- Family genetic diagnosis and genetic diagnosis for asymptomatic patients
- Identifying pathogenic mutations
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Genetic diseases prognosis
- Patient preparation for future genetherapies
- Basic research into the molecular causes of genetic diseases