Dr María Cristina Bohórquez is an ophthalmologist at the Retina and Vitreous Department at IMO Grupo Miranza Barcelona.
She is an expert in AMD, diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Bogotá, Colombia. 1996 – 2002. Specialisation in Ophthalmology: Higher School of Ophthalmology, Barraquer Institute of America. Bogotá, Colombia. 2004 – 2007. Subspecialisation: Retina and Vitreous specialist. IMO Grupo Miranza, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). Barcelona, Spain. 2007 – 2008.
Director of the Retina and Vitreous Department at the Barraquer Clinic in Bogotá, Colombia. 2012 – 2023. In charge of patients with different pathologies that compromise the retina, carrying out their clinical and surgical management. Dr Bohórquez was also a tenured professor in the retina area of the ophthalmology specialisation programme offered by the Higher School of Ophthalmology, Barraquer Institute of America.
University teaching experience:
- Senior lecturer in the Ophthalmology Specialisation Programme. Higher School of Ophthalmology, Barraquer Institute of America. 2009 – 2023.
- Alternate member of the Higher Council of Ophthalmology. Barraquer Institute of America. October 2012 – 2019.
- Vice Rector at the Higher School of Ophthalmology, Barraquer Institute of America. 2020 – 2023 (May).
- Active member of the Colombian Ophthalmology Society (Socoftal).
- Active member of the Colombian Retina and Vitreous Association (ACOREV).
- Team member at Cochrane. Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group.
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071