Definition and role of cookies
Cookies are small text files containing information that are generated in the User's computer or terminal, when browsing the website. By browsing this website you consent to receiving such cookies. Through them INSTITUTO DE MICROCIRUGIA OCULAR DOS SLP (IMO) only collects and saves the information under the conditions described in this Cookies Policy:
What types of cookies do we use?
According to the entity managing them:
- Own cookies: They are those we send to your computer or terminal from our website.
- Third-party cookies: They are those that are sent to your computer or terminal from a domain or a website that is not managed by us, but by a collaborating entity. Such as those cookies installed by Google, which help us analyse the operation of our website and improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Depending on the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data, while you access our website, whereas they remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the page. For instance, identification cookies.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies, in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a certain period of time.
Depending on their purpose:
Analysis cookies: These are cookies that are either treated by us or by third parties, thus allowing us to quantify the number of users and perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of our website. To do so, we analyse the navigation on our website in order to improve the range of products or services we offer. Examples include:
- The number of single visitors to each page/section, which is used to count the times the site is visited by a user, as well as the first and last time of the visit. This helps us to know the most successful areas and increase and improve their content, resulting in users getting a more satisfactory experience and service.
- The date and time of access to our website, in order to check times with more traffic and make the appropriate adjustments to avoid saturation at peak times.
- The source of traffic, which records user origin, i.e. the Internet address from which the link leading to our website comes from, in order to enhance the various links and banners pointing to our server and offering better results.
How I can configure or disable cookies?
You can set your browser to notify you of the reception of cookies and refuse to accept them by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to reject them. However, be advised that disabling cookies may cause a limitation or even lack of access to some of the features of our website, and some services may not work properly.
For more details on setting cookies in your browser, refer to the "Help" menu on that matter.
We also suggest you refer to the following websites: Aboutcookies, youronlinechoices, Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance, where you will find detailed explanations on how to remove cookies from your computer and more general information about them.
Cookies by third parties/collaborating compainies
Google offers a great deal of products to help us manage our ads and websites, including Google Analytics. When you visit our website, some cookies may be sent to your browser.
Google Analytics is the analytics tool that helps our website, www.imo.es/en, understand how users interact with its properties. It can use a set of cookies to collect information and report usage statistics of websites without personally identifying visitors to Google. For more information on cookies by Google Analytics.
Platform for usability testing and analysis
This website employs usability monitoring technologies that do not identify the user These technologies include the use of Heat maps, Scroll maps, Click maps, anonymous recordings of Web User use, user experience ratings, Funnel and Conversion analysis and the carrying out of surveys