What is it?
Resurfacing is a technique consisting of application of laser to regenerate and achieve full skin renewal.
In which cases is it carried out?
- For superficial and medium depth wrinkles
- Facial wrinkles, among these “crow’s feet” that surround the external outline of the eyes
- A full ophthalmological examination and eyelid and periocular examination
- Photos are taken to assess the patient’s condition before and after treatment
During the treatment
- This treatment is carried out in the operating theatre of the out-patient’s unit
- IMO specialists apply CO2 or Erbio YAG laser to eliminate deep wrinkles, “peeling” the outermost layers of the skin
- The energy emitted from these kinds of laser treatments is absorbed by the intracellular water, which causes vaporisation and generates heat that contracts the collagen
- The patient must continue treatment with humidifying and healing ointments, and treat the area operated with ice to avoid it becoming inflamed
- The patient must use sun-block cream as protection from the sun’s rays. Therefore, this treatment is not normally recommended in the summer
- After 24 hours, the patient can see the first results. The skin turns a pinkish colour that gradually disappears after 4-6 weeks when its normal pigmentation is recovered
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071