What is it?
Lipofilling is a technique consisting of extracting fat from the patient to then inject it in the area to be treated.
In which cases is it carried out?
- Loss of facial volume
- Correction of rings and bags under the eyes
- Correction of sunken cheeks
- Decrease of facial contours and structure
- A full ophthalmological examination and eyelid and periocular examination
- It also requires a study of body fat to evaluate the donor area
- hotos are taken to assess the patient’s condition before and after treatment
During the surgical operation:
- This treatment is carried out in the operating theatre of the out-patient’s unit
- The surgeon usually extracts the fat from the periumbilical area by means of aspiration. Once it has been extracted, it is injected using a cannula in the area to be treated
- The patient must apply ice to the area for 48 hours. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed
- When the extraction in the donor area is very extensive, a post-surgery girdle is required, in small extractions this girdle is not indispensable
- It is also important to have enough rest for the first few days and avoid picking up heavy objects and taking exercise
- The periocular and upper area of the face will be swollen for about 10 days and the final results can be seen about one month after the procedure
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071