What is it?
Eyelid retraction surgery consists of placing the eyelid in the right position to protect the eyeball and achieve eyelid symmetry.
In which cases is it carried out?
- Eyelid malposition
- Tyroid orbitopathy
- A full ophthalmological examination and eyelid and periocular examinatio
- Photos are taken to assess the patient’s condition before and after treatment
During the surgical operation
- This treatment is carried out in the operating theatre of the out-patient’s unit
- This surgical procedure can be carried out by means of various techniques, depending on each patient’s case, his/her type of eyelid malposition, its degree and location. The most common are the following:
- The canthoplasty
- El mid-facelift (see the eyelid malposition leaflet: treatment)
- Skin graft
After the surgical operation
- The surgeon occludes the patient’s eye for 24 hours (however in some cases this occlusion may be extended to one week) and the patient must also take antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Ice must be applied to the treated area during the first few weeks
- It is also important to have enough rest for the first few days and avoid picking up heavy objects and taking exercise
Experts performing this treatment
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071