What is it?
Eyelid reconstruction is a kind of surgery consisting of recovering the function and anatomy of the eyelids.
In which cases is it carried out?
- Eyelid tumours
- Anophthalmic cavity
- A full ophthalmological examination and eyelid and periocular examination
- Photos are taken to assess the patient’s condition before and after treatment
During the surgical operation
This treatment is carried out in the operating theatre of the out-patient’s unit. This surgical procedure can be carried out by means of various techniques, depending on each patient’s case. The most common are the following:
- Skin grafts
- Fat grafts
Depending on the surgical technique used, the surgeon extracts tissue from other parts of the patient’s body in order to later graft it.
After the operation
- The surgeon occludes the patient’s eye for 24 hours (however in some cases this occlusion may be extended to one week) and the patient must also take antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Ice must be applied to the treated area during the first few weeks
- It is also important to have enough rest for the first few days and avoid picking up heavy objects and taking exercise
Experts performing this treatment
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071