What is it?
Canthoplasty is the external angle of the eyelid being raised to the required height to recover the normal tone and shape of the eyelid.
In which cases is it carried out?
Canthoplasty is carried out on pacients with “droopy eyelids” and periocular flaccidity.
- A full ophthalmological examination and eyelid and periocular examination
- Photos are taken to assess the patient’s condition before and after treatment
During the surgical operation
- This treatment is carried out in the operating theatre of the out-patient’s unit
After the surgical operation
- The surgeon occludes the patient’s eye for 24 hours and the patient must also take antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Ice must be applied to the treated area for the first 48 hours
- The final results can be seen one month after treatment
La mateixa tarda de la intervenció ja hi veia bé i encara avui, 17 anys després, segueixo sense utilitzar ulleres
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071