Medical prescription included
At IMO Grupo Miranza, we want to make the best ophthalmology available to as many people as possible. Thus, we offer a teleconsultation service that complements the face-to-face care provided at our centres.
What does IMO Grupo Miranza’s teleconsultation involve?
An IMO Grupo Miranza expert will assess your case and accompany you through the eye process that worries you in an online, safe and private environment.
The visit will consist of a personal interview, during which you will be able to explain your eye problem, symptoms or pathology, as well as the reason for the consultation.
Case history: Our specialist will review with you your medical history, illnesses and other personal circumstances that may have an impact on your eye disorder.
Assessment of any reports and imaging tests you may have: The ophthalmologist will analyse and give you medical guidance on how to interpret these reports and tests, if available. In this case, you should submit them beforehand, when requesting the teleconsultation.
Diagnostic approach: Your specialist will offer you diagnostic advice and recommendations for the monitoring or treatment of your eye disorder.
A written report of the conclusions and recommendations of the teleconsultation, which we will send you within a few days.
Prescription: We will send it to you, in case the specialist prescribes any treatment.
Invoice: You will receive an invoice for the teleconsultation, the amount of which will be deducted from the cost of the face-to-face visit, if you come to the centre within no more than one month.
Request a teleconsultation in two steps:
- Fill in this form.
- Pay by credit card.
Once payment has been checked with the Accounting Department, we will contact you to arrange an appointment at your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians during the teleconsultation.
- If you have urgent symptoms, come directly to IMO Grupo Miranza, and we will see you without an appointment at our 24-hour Emergency Department.
- Those who are looking for convenience: patients who need a medical opinion, but cannot or do not want to travel to one of our centres.
- Those who want being monitored: patients who have already come to us, have undergone tests and want to be monitored by their doctor.
- Those who need a second opinion: patients who already have had a diagnosis and tests from another centre and need a second opinion.
€125 for IMO Grupo Miranza patients | €135 for new patients | €179 for IMO Grupo Miranza patients requiring translation | €205 for new patients requiring translation
After the teleconsultation, we will send you the following documents:
- Medical report of the visit;
- Electronic prescription, in case the specialist has prescribed any treatment for you;
- Invoice, as payment has been made;
- Satisfaction survey, so that you can rate this service and help us to improve it.