What do they involve?
Low-density and long-lasting hyaluronic acid microinjections that deeply nourish and hydrate the skin. By stimulating collagen production and restoring the skin's hydrobalance, Skinboosters improve the elasticity and structure of the skin, thus creating a glow and making it look soft and smooth.
When is it carried out?
It is generally recommended for patients over the age of 30-35. Ageing and other factors such as a poor diet and excessive sun exposure begin to show on the skin, which starts to lose tone. Some of the most susceptible areas, where Skinboosters are most effective, are the face, the neck and the neckline.
- A personalised examination and assessment of the patient.
- Photographs to assess the patient's condition before and after the treatment.
During the treatment
- This treatment is performed in the doctor’s surgery. It is virtually painless and minimally invasive for the patient.
- The oculofacial plastic surgery specialist applies an anaesthetic ointment before the treatment to minimise discomfort.
- Small doses of hyaluronic acid are injected into the skin through multiple sites. This is a natural substance that penetrates even the deepest layers of skin to rejuvenate it from within.
- One session a month for a three-month period is initially recommended. Each session lasts between 20 and 60 minutes, depending on the area to be treated.
After the treatment
- The patient may experience slight irritation or bruising, which will disappear after a few days.
- The patient can resume his or her normal routine immediately. No sick leave or special precautions are needed, although patients are advised to use proper solar protection and moisturise their skin properly to prolong the effects of the treatment.
- The results are visible within a week of treatment, although the effects are much more pronounced after the second session. The effects last for between six months and a year, depending on the patient's skin type and skincare routine. Maintenance sessions are recommended after this period.