What is it?
It is the movement of the eyeball towards the back part of the orbit.
Why does this happen?
- Fractures of the orbit
- Orbital fat atrophy
- Patients with breast cancer metastasis
Examinations and diagnostic tests
- A full ophthalmological examination and eyelid and periocular examination
- Photos are taken to assess the patient’s condition before and after treatment
- A Hertel test is conducted (also known as exophtalmometry). This consists of measuring the position of both eyes
- In addition. an orbital CT scan is carried out to assess the cause of the enophthalmos
People with enophthalmos have an appearance of sunken eye.
Specialists who treat this pathology
IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Exit 7 of the Ronda de Dalt (mountain side). The clinic has a car park with more than 200 parking spaces.
Autobus H2: Rotonda de Bellesguard, parada 1540
Autobus 196: Josep Maria Lladó-Bellesguard, parada 3191
Autobuses H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, parada 0071