Plan your surgery
Below, we explain the main aspects you should know and take into account before your surgery at IMO Miranza Group.
Before your surgery at IMO Miranza Group
After your visit with the ophthalmologist, if you need to have surgery, we will refer you to the Surgical Information Department. Our team will inform you about all the administrative details of the operation:
- Pre-operative tests. Before the surgery, you will have to undergo a blood test and an electrocardiogram. You can have them done at IMO, if you wish.
- Medication. It is important that you tell us if you are taking any medication, especially if it is anticoagulant. Also, generally, 2 days before the operation you will have to follow a prophylactic treatment.
- Quotation and payment. We will inform you about the cost of the operation and the tests Preoperative, as well as on the forms of payment. If you are a private patient, we have Financing and if you have a mutual or insurance company, we will tell you what to do. If you do not have time, we can schedule a call or video call to inform you about the intervention.
- Day and hour. If you wish, we can schedule your surgery. You can also contact us later to set the date of the operation. And, if you want, we can also give you a personalized follow-up
- Anesthesia. An anesthesiologist will make a pre-anesthetic visit to discuss with you all the details and inform you about the risks and benefits of the anesthetic techniques. It can be done in person, by phone or by video call.
- Payment. Generally, it is done one week before the operation. However, if your surgery is urgent, we will inform you about how to manage it, so that you can have it done as soon as possible.
Click on the IMO Miranza Group centre for more details about the surgery